Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Adding a touch in the bedrooms...

I thought my first post I would show you what we did in our own home over the weekend. As you can see VINYL LETTERING can give you just an added touch of customization in any room.

We finally have painted our room and hung things up and it was looking good but, I wanted something else a little inspirational. I put the new FOREVER expression above our bed in chocolate brown and I think the little swirl picks up the great metal accents on our bed.

Then I moved over to the wall where we have our Marriage Certificate hanging. The Certificate is a little plain and a little dull so I thought adding this great expression to accent the importance of this document would be appropriate. I do feel I'm married to my best friend and it is nice to have that reminder...you know those times you need a little reminder when your spouse has irritated you:)!

Then we moved onto our Surfer Room. Our 3 year old son has a Hawaiian name and so we picked a surf theme for his room. He has Surf bedding and a surf board table with umbrella in it on one wall...yes, my husband thought I was crazy when I came home with a 6ft umbrella for our sons room. He likes it now but, it took some convincing to get him to drag it up the stairs!

Onto the vinyl, First I hung a large surf board above his bed. One thing I love about vinyl expressions above beds is that it makes not only a statement but, is safe...you don't have to worry about it falling off the wall and hitting a child sleeping or anyone for that matter.

Then I made a sign and hung it above his door. I wanted to have a little different dimension and color. So I bought a piece of wood from the Home Improvement store and had my husband trim it to the right size for my expression. (F.Y.I. the Home Improvement store will do this for you for free when you buy the wood and you just need your measurements.) I painted the board a chocolate brown. I let the wood dry for 24 hours before I applied the expression.

Pick up some picture hangers or little metal brackets while at the Home Improvement Store or I get mine at Wal-Mart in the hardware section. Hang them on the back and then you are ready to hang up your sign!

~Happy Lettering for now more soon to come!

1 comment:

Brown Family said...

My mom has vinyl sayings all over her house. I'm going to get one to go above my door that as you leave you can read saying, "Dare to do right."

My favorite of my mom's (I'll take a pic one day if I remember) is in her bathroom: I don't skinny dip, I chunky dunk! :) The first part is out of skinny letters, and the second out of bold, thick letters. It cracks me up. Too bad more people don't get to see it. :)